The Vapouriz Group are one of the leading manufacturers & retailers of premium electronic cigarettes & E Liquid in Europe and due to continued expansion are currently seeking a Flavour Chemist to be based at our head office in Guildford (GU3 2DX).
Vapouriz already have a large library of in-house developed flavourings and are looking to expand this range by creation of new flavours as well as reformulation of existing ones when required.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Production Supervisor to maintain a smooth delivery of the production process as well as with Senior Management in new ideas, concepts and developments.
They will analyse the latest flavour trends in order to develop high quality premium flavoured E-liquids from the finest ingredients.
This position will report to the Operations Manager.
Full training with regards to the industry, database and associated toxicology will be provided.
Duties to Include:
· Flavour creation for all Vapouriz E-Liquid ranges.
· White label bespoke flavour creation on an ad hoc basis.
· Flavour reformulation where required to comply with latest regulations.
· Quality control (taste testing) e-liquid batches for production.
· Communicating with internal departments giving regular updates.
· Recording all relevant information on internal computer databases.
· Source and develop relationships with Flavour Houses and suppliers, ensuring that all ingredient components are to the highest quality and standard.
· Develop testing methods for newly developed products and using constructive feedback fine tune and redevelop products until they reach the requisite standard.
· Managing & training existing staff within the department.
· To maintain stock database and inform Purchasing of additional products required.
· Passion for Vaping
· Experience as a flavour chemist, developing and conceptualizing flavourings
· Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
· Proactive in approach with flexible attitude.
· Knowledge of GMP (Good manufacturing practices) is preferred
· Understanding of regulations around the e-cigarette industry and food flavourings
· Experience of SAP (desirable).
· Good grasp of mathematics
Salary & Benefits:
· Role : Permanent Position
· Salary : £Dependent on Experience
· Location : Guildford (GU3)
· Benefits : Paid Holiday, Pension, Healthcare, Staff discount
· Start Time : Required immediately
If you would like to apply please send a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time